Do you sell Electrical & Electronic Equipment, including Medical devices, into the European Union?
Do you and your company need to understand EU environmental legislation and its changing scope?
Good news! In May, the US Department of Commerce is hosting a free conference to provide an update on key EU directives.
The conference will take place on May 5th, from 9:15am-12:00pm, in Washington, D.C.
EU Legislation Highlighted at the Conference
- Recent coverage of medical/electrical equipment and monitoring and control instruments
- Potential revision of the list of Restricted Substances
- Implications arising from the new edition of the ‘Blue Guide’
- Information about several key changes from the original WEEE Directive
- New, just-released FAQ document (which can be found here)
- Newly adopted implementing measures
- Development of a new work plan covering many types of products
- Product labeling
- New amendments to the Directive
- The issue of ‘removability’
Steve Andrews – United Kingdom, Head of Environmental Regulation Unit and Policy Lead
Chris Smith – United Kingdom, Technical Manager and Operational Manager
Guenter Hoermindinger – First Counselor for Environment, EU Delegation to the United States
Registration information and the link to the Government release can be found here on the export.gov site.