At Creation Technologies, we are committed to improving the world around us and doing business ‘the right way’.
The right way for our people, for our suppliers and partners, for our customers, and for the communities in which we live and work.
Like our belief in building long-term relationships with our customers and with each other, we also believe in building long-term relationships with our communities and with the environment. We recognize that being a good corporate citizen helps build our business and means profitability for us and for our customers.
Our commitment to environmental and social responsibility is guided by our Core Values and our Purpose of enriching lives. It is supported by processes to ensure consistency and Continuous Improvement.
We strive to exceed expectations and to be a company with whom people are proud to be associated.
Creation only works with partners who strive to exceed expectations and also share the goal of being a company with whom people want to be associated.
Whether it is adhering to laws and human rights legislation, or environmental compliance such as RoHS or Conflict Minerals, Creation strives to find partners who we can trust will do the right thing.
We feel fortunate to be part of successful company and believe in giving back and sharing that success through investing our lives to help build our communities and improve our world.
Creation’s Making a Difference initiative was formalized in 2009.
In each of our business units, Creation people walk, run, grow and shave hair, donate blood, clean neighborhoods and shorelines, serve meals, raise money, coach and volunteer to help make a difference by enriching the lives of those in our communities.
Creation’s culture of empowerment and diversity creates an environment for learning, collaboration and respect.
We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all of our talented people. This includes the prevention of occupational illness, injury and harassment, as well as promoting Wellness and Lifelong Learning programs.
Our company policies and practices protect our employees, and ensure that we adhere to all regional laws and human rights regulations.
Creation Technologies Supplier Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct defines and creates the expectations for the supplier concerning responsibilities towards employees, stakeholders and the environment. Creation Technologies reserves the right to reasonably change the requirements of this Code of Conduct.
Respect for Human Rights
- To promote opportunities for and treatment of its employees irrespective of skin color, race, nationality, social background, disabilities, sexual orientation, political or religious conviction, sex or age
- To respect the personal dignity, privacy and rights of each individual
- To refuse to employ or make anyone work against their will
- To prohibit behavior that is coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative
- To comply with working hours and working conditions laid down in the applicable laws
- To refuse to tolerate any unacceptable treatment of employees, including harassment, discrimination or cruelty
Safety and Health of Employees
- To take responsibility for the health and safety of employees in the work place
- To control hazards and take precautionary measures against accidents and occupational diseases
- To provide training and ensure that employees are educated in health and safety issues
Sourcing and Supply Chain
- To promote among suppliers compliance with this Code of Conduct
- To comply with the principles of non-discrimination with regard to supplier selection and treatment
- To protect intellectual property rights
- To have a policy that assures responsible sourcing of materials, including the sourcing of Conflict Minerals, and we expect that our suppliers committed to responsible sourcing.
- To conduct due diligence on the source and chain of custody of these minerals and make their due diligence measures available to customers upon customer request
Global Environmental Protection
- To act in accordance with the applicable standards regarding environmental protection on a global basis
- To minimize environmental pollution and impact while making continuous improvements in environmental protection
Underage Labor Prohibition
- Employ no workers under the age of 15 or, in those countries subject to the developing country exception of theology Convention 138, to employ no workers under the age of 14
Prohibition of Corrupt Practices
- Not to engage in any form of corruption or bribery, including payment or other form of benefit conferred on any government official for the purpose of influencing decision making in violation of law. This includes the mandates for individuals outlined in the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- To comply with the laws of the applicable legal system(s)
At Creation Technologies, we view emerging environmental legislation as an opportunity to do our part in making responsible decisions for the future of our environment.
Creation began producing lead-free product in 2004, and today designs and builds products that are RoHS-compliant, as well as compliant with many other product and region-specific regulations.
We have the rigorous systems and mindset to support our customers as additional environmental directives and protection legislation like REACH, the RoHS Recast and Conflict Minerals continue to emerge worldwide.
Creation also offers solutions to help our customers in their own transitions to green product.
Creation Technologies Environmental Policy
Creation Technologies is a recognized leader in the electronic manufacturing services industry and is a socially responsible company committed to the long term sustainability of our environment.
We achieve this through:
Being a good corporate citizen
Committed to compliance with applicable legal and other requirements
Being a company with whom people want to be associated
Committed to the prevention of pollution and sharing objectives and targets with our employees, our customers, our suppliers and the general public
Being a company that exceeds expectations
Continual improvement through reducing the use of hazardous substances and waste going to landfill, conserving natural resources, and minimizing the release of contaminants into our environment (air; water).
Being a company where employees are proud to work
Committed to provide ongoing training and skills development and working together to improve our environment
Partners in business, working together to build the future!
Creation Conflict Minerals Policy Statement
On August 22, 2012, the Securities and Exchange Commission adopted Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (the “Conflict Minerals Law”). The Conflict Minerals Law requires all publically traded companies to report annually to the SEC whether they use Conflict Minerals including gold, wolframite, casserite, columbite-tantalite and their derivative metals, which include tin, tungsten, tantalum and any other compounds designated by the U.S. Secretary of State.
We at Creation Technologies fully support the objectives of this legislation, which aims to prevent the use of minerals that directly or indirectly finance or benefit armed groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or in adjoining countries. Because Creation is not a publicly traded company, we are not required to file reports with the SEC and as such are not directly subject to the requirements of the Conflict Minerals Law. We manufacture custom electronic products in strict accordance with written specifications provided to us by our customers and therefore have limited control over components which our customers may specify for use in their final products.
However, in support of the objectives of the legislation, we at Creation are committed to doing all that we can to support our customers in ensuring that the products we manufacture meet the requirements of the Conflict Minerals Law and that our supply chain does not knowingly contribute to such human rights violations. Where the supply chain has been established by Creation, rather than our customer, Creation will complete a reasonable country of origin inquiry for any consumable materials used in the manufacturing process that are not listed on the Bill of Materials. In this process, we ask our respective suppliers to confirm their compliance with the Conflict Minerals Law by providing the necessary declarations to us in an accepted industry-standard Conflict Minerals Reporting template (e.g., the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) / Global e-Sustainability Initiative (GeSI)). We provide copies of such declarations to Customer upon request.
Creation Technologies is a socially responsible company committed to the long term sustainability of our communities.